John J. Coughlin has been licensed to practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania State and Federal Courts since 1991. The majority of Mr. Coughlin’s practice has focused on general litigation, with emphasis in commercial law and transactions. The experience gained through litigating matters has also provided the insights necessary to counsel clients as they enter into relationships, to gain advantage and avoid litigation over misunderstandings later.
Before forming his own firm, Mr. Coughlin was a Partner in the trial Department of Duane Morris, LLP, a full service international law firm where he spent 11 years litigating a broad range of legal issues for clients as large as fortune 50 Companies and as small as the single business owner or individual. Mr. Coughlin formed his own law firm to reduce the cost of his services while continuing to provide his clients with the level of skill and expertise found in large corporate law firms. The reduced cost also allows for the expanded representation of individual clients for a variety of legal needs.
In addition to his private practice, Mr. Coughlin was appointed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey to serve as Chairperson for the District IIIB Fee Arbitration Committee. In this capacity, Mr. Coughlin presides over a panel of attorneys and public members to decide fee disputes between clients and law firms.
- New Jersey, 1991
- Pennsylvania, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law – Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D. – 1991
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Chairperson – Hunter Moot Court Board
- Honors: Recipient – American Jurisprudence Award for Best in Class, Trial Advocacy
- Richard Stockton College, New Jersey
- B.A. – 1985
- Honors: Editor-in-Chief – Student Newspaper
- Honors: Scholarship Award – New Jersey Press Association
- Major: Political Science
- E-Discovery – The Long and the Short of “Accessibility”, Dec. 16, 2007
- Electronic Discovery: Know What You Have Before Your Adversary Does, Dec. 16, 2007
- E-Discovery: Identifying Internal Resources to Facilitate Electronic Discovery: “I have to what with who?”, Dec. 16, 2007
- Are You Ready for E-Discovery?, Dec. 16, 2007
- E-Discovery: Understanding the Safe Harbor Provision, Dec. 16, 2007
- E-Discovery: Taking Client and Counsel to Task, Dec. 16, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- South Jersey Chamber of Commerce
- American Bar Association
- Personal – Mr. Coughlin resides in Moorestown, New Jersey, with his wife and three children. He is active as a coach and league board member in a number of Youth Athletic Leagues.